Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Potential use of wikis

After learning about wikis I definitely see the potential that they have for the classroom. They are a great way for the teacher to build classroom community. With a wiki the teacher is able to keep the parents and students informed on what is going on the classroom on a regular basis. Sometimes notes will not make it home to parents or the students are just not good at letting their parents know what is going on in class. With a wiki parents will have access to whatever you want them to be informed about. I think I have more of a willingness to include wikis in my classroom now that I have gained some experience in using them. I see the potential they have and how they can be very useful in my classroom.

2 comments:

C.Rose said...

Christine!
The point you made about notes not always making it home was a good one and yet another reason why I am a huge supporter of wikis.

mnesper said...

I am also really excited about Wikis! I think they are a great tool. Teachers need to really embrace technology and use it in there classroom. I think this class gives us the experience to feel comfortable using the technology. I know it is helping me become more confident!