Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Podcasting

Yes, I will attempt to use podcasting in my classroom. After reading an article last night about all the different learning experiences podcasting brings into the classroom I am willing to implement this technology into my classroom. For instance, I really liked the fact that you can bring "expert voices" into the classroom through podcasts. Instead of having to find a guest speaker and make arrangements for them to come or arrange for the class to go and see them one can just bring someone into the classroom at the click of a button. Also, I like the idea of using podcasting for assessment. The teacher can have students make their own podcasts throughout the semester about what they are learning and it can serve as a portfolio at the end for the teacher to see their progress. With these practical uses that podcasts bring into the classroom I feel ready to bring them into my classroom.

3 comments:

Jenna said...

Christine:
My article also described how to bring "expert voices" into the classroom through podcasting. My article discussed debates. For instance, the students would create a debate through a podcast. Then, experts would access the podcast and evaluate the debate. I thought this was an excellent idea.
Also, I loved your suggestion of using podcasts as a form of assessment. I never considered using podcasts as a portfolio that documents their learning. This allows the children to feel "in control" of their learning. They may also experience more confidence with their knowledge as they create the podcast.
I thought your ideas were great!

Rachel said...

I really liked the idea of having "experts" talk in your classroom. I never thought of using podcasts in this way. Instead of having to invites guests you can have them in your classroom at a click away. I also liked the idea of using podcasts for assessments. They're a great tool for teachers to look at their students' progress over time. :)

Kathryn said...

I like the assessment idea. It's almost like having an audio diary...

Thanks,
Kathryn :)